What a great time! we have used GS Africa 4 times now and will be back again. Great bikes with great customer service. Thanks again.
If you are thinking of renting BMW motorbikes this is the only place you need to visit.
See you again in January.
Steve Harewood, Rob and Russel
The start of 2019, means the start of GS Motorcycle Sales bi-weekly Braai rides. We were proud to host our first ride on the 12th Jan with around 15 bikes in attendance.
It was a great pleasure to have the Amigos Cape Town chapter join us. With a very scenic route that took us through BainsKloof, over Du Toits Kloof and back to the dealership for a braai and some cold beers. This was thoroughly enjoyed by all.
The following Braai Ride will be taking place on the 26th January 2019. All welcome !
Another great reason to Tour the Cape Peninsula on a Motorcycle.
We just received another excellent review from a client who booked our Cape Peninsula Tour in the Western Cape as well as our Lesotho Tour in Africa. Take a look at what our client had to say about our guided tours:
“Our experience with GS Africa has been absolutely positive. It was important to us that we dealt with a reputable motorcycle company that had proper insurance cover, and GS Africa was confidence-inspiring in this aspect. Furthermore, the communication with Candi-Lee in Cape Town was always prompt. She continuously answered every question we asked before our departure, completed all our paperwork before we departed out of Johannesburg, and even helped us sort out some minor issues before our start.
The motorcycles were in excellent condition and did not fail us at all in terms of performance or parts. We drove over 600 km off road and the machines performed well throughout both our trips. We are happy to say that we had a smooth rental and return throughout the entire transaction. We would also like to mention that South Africa has been great to us. The people were friendly and we did not have any issues throughout our time in two spectacular countries for motorcycling – South Africa and Lesotho.
Thank you Candi-Lee and Paul – we had the greatest time and would highly recommend GS Africa to anyone looking to tour the Cape Peninsula or Africa on a motorcycle”
With reviews like this, it’s not hard to see why GS Africa is one of South Africa’s most credible motorcycle rental companies in South Africa. To learn more about our Cape Peninsula or Lesotho tours, visit our site today or have a chat with Candi-Lee or Paul.
We’ve taken a lot of epic drives in our travels, but we never realised just how many incredible beginner-friendly places there were until we read about the best road trips around the world. Nothing beats taking your bike on the open road.
Of course, certain destinations are more exciting than others, and this is certainly the case with the routes mentioned in this article. The route, the pit stops, and where to rent the ideal motorcycle – if you’re searching for an unforgettable adventure travel experience (a road trip that will not disappoint), check out this article featuring GS Africa Rentals & Tours – 6 Essential (and Easy!) Road Trips to Take Abroad
Thanks to Insidehook
Welcome back to the playground Frank!
Often we need an excuse to hit the pause button on our busy lives and savour the little moments. Fortunately, summer is here in Cape Town, and we are so happy to have Frank back with us at GS Africa in sunny Cape Town. Of all the iconic motorcycle trips, there is no greater badge of honour a rider can wear than the one that says “I have journeyed through Cape Town’s epic coastline on a motorbike” – and Frank has done so in 2012 and again in 2018! We are so HAPPY to have Frank back with us at GS Africa in sunny Cape Town. Take a look at some of his photos taken on his journey.
Inspired to ride through Africa… but on a motorbike? We don’t blame you. One of the greatest ways to explore any country or continent is on two wheels. But not just on any wheels, we’re talking about motorbikes for the individual who would prefer to stand out from the crowd, such as the latest BMW and Harley Davidson’s.
Based in one of the most beautiful cities in the world, Cape Town, GS Africa are passionate in sharing our love for Africa with you and bring motorbike enthusiasts throughout the globe the most exciting motorbike destination adventure packages that can take you, your friends or your business partners over vast plains under jaw-dropping big open African skies.
Whether you are new to motorbike travel or you’re a seasoned motorbike traveller, we take care of everything. With extensive local knowledge and international flavour, we are the leading motorbike rental agency in the Southern Hemisphere. Proud to have partnered with Eagle Rider in the USA, we are known for our impeccable service and attention to detail.
Having the freedom to go where you want, when you want is a great feeling, and our motorbike destination tours are designed to take the stress out of your holiday so you can enjoy the wide open road, with our best adventure routes and accommodation all comprehensively planned. Beyond delivering an amazing, personalised experience, we provide you with detailed itineraries and GPS route maps, giving you the flexibility to ride the routes at a pace this wildly beautiful continent has to offer.
Take the leap with GS Africa… we deliver the experience we promise.
Looking to venture off the beaten track and explore the “Real Africa” by motorcycle?
It’s no secret that South Africa and Africa are the most beautiful places to ride a motorcycle in the world, but it can also be dangerous – and with so many motorcycle rentals scattered throughout South Africa, how does one choose the right one for their ride? As a professional or novice who only wants the best and safest ride, we sift the elite out from the standard with our motorcycle rental checklist.
• Knowledgeable Advice – if you’re someone new to South Africa and Africa, you’re going to need to know all about its local customs and conditions. Travelling through and into the great wild can be both exciting and intimidating, so make sure the rental company you choose can offer you insight into each area, what to expect from the people, and what conditions you’re up against. At GS Africa, we’re passionate in sharing our love for South Africa and beyond, and have an intimate knowledge of Africa’s hidden gems, the culture of its people, its secret majestic paths that lead you into the beautiful bush, and we also have a wide directory of the best places to eat and stay. With our extensive local knowledge and flavour, our motorcycle destination adventure packages can take you, your friends or your business partners over vast plains under jaw-dropping big open African skies, comfortably and safely.
• Latest Model Bikes – one of the greatest ways to explore any country or continent is on two wheels, but to ensure a first-class ride you need to make sure you are able to rent the latest low mileage model motorcycles. At GS Africa, not only do we deal ONLY with world-class brands, but we also have absolute confidence in our pristine condition motorcycles. Built on the philosophy of building lifetime partnerships with our customers, and paired with our approach of “Rental Supplier of Choice”, we offer an assortment of luxury BMW Motorcycles, Harley Davidson Motorcycles, and Yamaha Scooters.
• Roadside Assistance – what about mechanical faults and breakdowns? Unfortunately, this can happen, and if this should occur, riders need to ensure that their rental company has a 24hr Roadside and ER 24hr Emergency Assistance plan in place. At GS Africa, not only are we the only rental company in South Africa that sends all our motorcycles for repairs, maintenance and servicing to authorised BMW dealerships ONLY, but beyond riding motorcycles that are less than 2 years old, all our Motorcycle Adventure Packages come with 24-hour turnaround On Call Road Side Assistance and ER 24hr Emergency Medical Assistance Alert. Should riders need roadside assistance, they will need to call GS Africa on +27 (0) 82 904 8228 or +27 (0) 71 515 3808 and we will immediately contact the nearest BMW 24 hour On-Call Roadside Assistance service (available in South Africa only).
• Rider Gear – you cannot put a price on your life, and the motorcycle gear you wear should provide you with protection from the wind, debris, flying bugs and road rash. At GS Africa, we furnish all our riders with BMW premium quality motorcycle jackets with shoulder, arm and back protectors, BMW motorcycle trousers with protective inserts, BMW motorbike boots and gloves, BMW full-face motorcycle helmets, and BMW waterproofs at an extra cost.
• Guided Tours – tours are a huge part of biking throughout South Africa and Africa and are usually arranged for all riders and groups. At GS Africa, our motorcycle touring services include guided motorcycle tours, self-guided motorcycle tours, motorcycle rentals, and extended tours that take you along vast coastlines throughout South Africa, and to Namibia, Malawi, Zambia, and Mozambique.
• 24/7 Support – when you partner with a motorcycle rental company you should be partnering with 24/7 support. As a family run business, our approach to business over the past decade has been to strive for professional perfection, providing our valued clients with unforgettable riding experiences. Making the entire process simple and personal, when you rent a motorcycle from GS Africa you will never have to concern yourself with the logistics. From assisting you with picking up bikes, managing all the bookings, arranging shuttle services to and from the airport, arranging all routes as well as overnight stays in some of the best accommodation types to changing itineraries if and when required – we deliver 24/7 support well beyond our promises.
• Rider Down – safety and security of our valued customers are of paramount importance to us, and in the unlikely event of a breakdown or accident, our breakdown service will take you and the bike to the next garage. At GS Africa, all our motorcycle rentals come with 24-hour turnaround On Call Road Side Assistance, Satellite Medical Rescue Trackers and Recovery, Medical Roadside Assistance, ER 24hr Emergency Medical Assistance Alert, and PinPoint Rider Down Accident Alert.
• Crashbar Protection – safety is paramount in motorcycling, and for that reason, all our motorcycles are maintained at an authorized BMW dealer. Adhering to the highest maintenance standards set out by the manufacturer, we do not shy away from the costs to keep all our motorcycles permanently in tiptop condition, which includes fitting them out with the highest quality crashbars.
• Third Party Liability Insurance – no matter how experienced or careful you are as a rider, it only takes a second to make a mistake, and if you’re held responsible for a serious motorcycle accident you could be left facing repair costs for the damage caused to other vehicles, buildings and property – and the bill could leave you in serious strife. At GS Africa, we strongly recommend that you take out the maximum insurance coverage to ensure peace of mind when you are on the road, which is why we provide third-party liability insurance. Covering your legal liability, our third-party motorcycle insurance covers the costs of any damage caused to the property of a third party and the cost of any resulting medical bills that are caused by or arising out of the use of the motorcycle.
If you are in any doubt about renting a motorcycle in South Africa, check out our reviews on Tripadvisor.
Here is a review from Kim in Florida, USA
I found GS Africa on the net and couldn’t be more pleased with the experience. Candi was great to work with setting up the rental, had everything sorted when I arrived and made the process so easy. Of course I rode of without my wallet but no worries, they chased me down and brought it to me!
I had scheduled a two day rental and when I pulled into the hotel after a long day one the check engine light came on. I called, not wanting to cause any damage to a really nice 800. Paul answered, after business hours, and we discussed the problem. He indicated it was probably just a warning and said it would probably reset itself after being turned off. That is exactly what happened and i enjoyed the next day without incident. Thanks Paul for the great service.
The countryside was amazing and the ride was wonderful, what a great way to see the
area. Some reviews question the final inspection and the cost of repairs. I found Paul and his team to be very clear on any damage that was evident on the bike prior to my use and certainly not looking to charge users with non-existent damage. I recommend the folks at GS Africa for your Africa riding adventure, enjoy their great service!